Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by aasoj j <aa...@gmail.com> on 2010/01/15 19:37:30 UTC

Is JR 1.6 IPv6 compliant?

Hi All,

We have a multi-node cluster deployed of jackrabbit 1.6 (with MySQL
persistence). We are planning to adopt IPv6. Just wanted to confirm
that JR 1.6 is IPv6 compliant.

Thanks in advance.

Regards
aasoj

Re: Is JR 1.6 IPv6 compliant?

Posted by Alexander Klimetschek <ak...@day.com>.
On Fri, Jan 15, 2010 at 19:37, aasoj j <aa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> We have a multi-node cluster deployed of jackrabbit 1.6 (with MySQL
> persistence). We are planning to adopt IPv6. Just wanted to confirm
> that JR 1.6 is IPv6 compliant.

AFAIK yes, there should be no hardcoded IP address access in the code
and I don't know of any bug related to this. Hostnames/IP addresses
(eg. for persistence manager db) are configurable and passed through
to the Java socket api, which is itself quite ip-version neutral.

Regards,
Alex

--
Alexander Klimetschek