Posted to wsrp4j-user@portals.apache.org by Richard Jacob <ja...@apache.org> on 2004/02/03 10:21:52 UTC

Re: Issues with WSRP portlets

Selvaganapthy wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I was just playing around wsrp sample portlets and i faced the following issues.
>
>1.Navigation is working fine on the swing consumer but I am not able to do 'Form Submission' on test4.jsp.

the SwingConsumer has no implementation so far for form support. It was
intended for some simple tests for now.
We might want to change the aggregation sometime, the problem currently
is that the JEditorPane used does not support form, it simply displays
html and reacts an links.
Any ideas about nice&easy implementation are greatly welcome.
However you can use the proxyportlet on pluto to test against you wsrp
portlets, there we have form support included.

>2.Images pointing to 'web url' on the swing consumer are not appearing.

perhaps a proxy issue?
You might want to enable the JVM proxy setting when starting the swing app.

>3.Is it possible to have init-param in portlet.xml ? If current implementation is not supporting,then
>how can i get some portletConfig data into my portlets to init??

yes it is, we use the pluto container, so if they can, we can ;-)

>4.Is there any one to one  mapping between 'portlet application' in portlet.xml and servlet applicaiton in web.xml?? i.e.,Is it possinle
>to have multiple portlets in a portlet application that corresponds to single servlet application??.

not directly,.
However you can have multiple portlets in one portlet application.
One example is the pluto testsuite portlet app.

>5.Does any portal server has 100 % support for wsrp/jsr168 ,so that we can test our wsrp portlets ??

There are several on their way.
IBM WPS provides a jsr168/wsrp tech preview.

cu
Richard