Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Ketul Sakhpara <KS...@dynamicsoft.com> on 2002/04/04 03:08:16 UTC

copying file from unix to windows

hi,
   I wanted to know if there is a way I can copy files from unix to windows
in ant without running an ftp server on the windows.

--Thanks!
Ketul

Re: copying file from unix to windows

Posted by stephan beal <st...@wanderinghorse.net>.
On Thursday 04 April 2002 03:08 am, Ketul Sakhpara wrote:
>    I wanted to know if there is a way I can copy files from unix to windows
> in ant without running an ftp server on the windows.

If your Unix system supports the smbfs (Samba Filesystem), you can mount
Windows shares across the network, and copy to them as if they were local
folders. Another alternative would be to use scp, assuming you can find an
sshd for Windows.

Samba info: http://www.samba.org

----- stephan
Generic Unix Computer Guy
stephan@einsurance.de - http://www.einsurance.de
Office: +49 (89)  552 92 862 Handy:  +49 (179) 211 97 67
"...control is a degree of inhibition, and a system which is perfectly
inhibited is completely frozen." -- Alan W. Watts