Posted to test-dev@httpd.apache.org by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org> on 2004/01/31 02:16:28 UTC

to httpd-test test writers: an important change in the A-T arch

The last change was:

In order to make Apache-Test compatible with the rest of Perl testing
frameworks, we no longer chdir into t/, but run from the root of the
project (where t/ resides). A test needing to know where it's running
from (e.g. to read/write files/dirs on the filesystem), should do that
relative to the serverroot, documentroot and other server
configuration variables, available via
Apache::Test::vars('serverroot'), Apache::Test::vars('documentroot'),
etc.

I think I've fixed all the httpd-test tests that were affected (tested with
1.3, 2.0 and 2.1). though some tests were failing for me before that change,
and a few tests were skipped, so if I've missed some please fix those.

Essentially, you should no longer rely on cwd(), but always create/access
files relative to the serverroot, documentroot and other similar configuration
variables.

That's it. Thank you for listening.