Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by pankaj <pa...@gmail.com> on 2012/07/12 06:48:32 UTC

New MultiTenant - At runtime

Hi All,

We followed steps given in below link for multi tenant and it was quite
helpful.

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/Multitenancy+support#Multitenancysupport-Settingtheecommerceapp.touseanspecificTenantDatabase

But Tenant Data loading and other configuration setting is managed by some
configuration files and not managed through database, so that if any new
Tenant is added or we need to load any custom data for any tenant we need
not to stop server.

I request for suggestions how to create Tenant dynamically i.e without
restarting the server.

With Regards,
Pankaj

Re: New MultiTenant - At runtime

Posted by Ankit Jain <an...@gmail.com>.
so others will also get answer if they looking for the same question.
Developer Mailing list is for developers discussion.

Regards,
Ankit Jain

Posted by pankaj <pa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Pierre,

Thanks for your inputs.
Can you be more elaborate on this with example.
I am unable to understand the suggestions given.

Posted by Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Pankaj,

In a production environment you don't want to stop the server(s) in order
to get another tenant instantiated.

We have solved this by using a separate instantiation of the code as an
administration client to do the tenant creation and the custom data loading
for that client.

Regards,

Pierre