Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Leszek Lach <le...@gmail.com> on 2011/02/11 00:07:48 UTC

Couchdb and sharding / data partitioning

Hi,

Is there any possibility, that the sharding/autosharding feature will be
implemented in the near future in parallel to the existing replication
mechanism?

--
Leszek Lach

Re: Couchdb and sharding / data partitioning

Posted by Simon Metson <si...@googlemail.com>.
Hi,
	BigCouch [1][2] is an implementation of CouchDB with sharding, you might want to look at that. I believe the intention is for this code to merge into the main repository but I don't think there's a schedule for that to happen yet.
Cheers
Simon

[1] https://github.com/cloudant/bigcouch
[2] http://www.nosqldatabases.com/main/2010/11/2/scaling-out-couchdb-with-bigcouch.html

Posted by Leszek Lach <le...@gmail.com>.
That is exactly what I was looking for :)

Thank you very much!

Posted by Robert Newson <ro...@gmail.com>.
You might like https://github.com/cloudant/bigcouch/

B.