Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Robert Herold <he...@cotagesoft.com> on 2002/09/24 19:40:10 UTC

TCPMon/Tomcat port problem

I'm seeing a strange problem using TCPMon and Tomcat, and I am out of ideas
on how to solve it.

I've got TCPMon configured to listen on port 8080 and forward to port 8081,
and Tomcat configured to accept requests on port 8081.  When I issue SOAP
calls using Axis, they are reported in Tomcat as arriving on port 80.  This
is observed both in the Tomcat access log (configured to show the port), and
in my code that looks at incoming requests.

The strange thing is that Tomcat is not even listening on port 80.

To isolate the problem, I tried to remove Axis SOAP from the equation - I
tried setting up a very simple html page; accessing it from a browser
through TCPMon shows up in the Tomcat access log as port 80.

A simple web page that references an image file:  the web page is port 80,
but the image is port 8081.

All this seems to be triggered by going through TCPMon.  If I go to Tomcat
directly, everything is normal.

I tried two versions of Tomcat:  4.0.4, and 4.1.12.  Same problem.

I tried rolling back TCPMon to a few months ago (6/29/02).  Same problem.

Any ideas on how to figure out what is going on would be appreciated!

-- bob

Robert Herold
Cotagesoft, Inc.
650 474 9013 x808