Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Mike Tutkowski <mi...@solidfire.com> on 2016/01/09 05:01:35 UTC

[Issue] XenServer local storage

Hi,

Has anyone noticed the following issue?

I create a zone where I use local storage to house my system VMs.

After the system VMs are all started, I sometimes (but rarely) notice that
the local SR that was used to retrieve the system template remains (as
opposed to going away once the system VMs have been kicked off).

It doesn't seem to be a big deal until I happen to re-start my management
server.

At that point, CloudStack sees this local storage that should have gone
away, but didn't as new local primary storage and adds it as such.

If I go to Infrastructure and Primary Storage, I can see I now have a
second local primary storage for one of my XenServer hosts.

Has anyone seen this issue before?

What I've done at this point is simply remove the new primary storage from
the DB, but I can't (easily) seem to get rid of the extraneous SR.

Thanks!

--
*Mike Tutkowski*
e: mike.tutkowski@solidfire.com