Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Jesse Tilly <JT...@hoteltools.com> on 2000/10/23 21:26:29 UTC

Call for "success stories"

In the "experiences with Ant" thread, some people mentioned where Ant is
used.  Most interestingly iPlanet was mentioned.  How does iPlanet utilize
Ant?  Can I just get responses from everyone who's willing to publicly admit
(ie not be afraid for others to find out) their company is using Ant or know
of projects that do use it profusely?  On anything high-profile, a URL would
be very helpful.

Thanks to everyone and I'll be the first:  HotelTools uses Ant for its
development and production build/deployment management.

> J E S S E  E  T I L L Y
> Senior Programmer, Development
> HotelTools, Inc.
> 100 Galleria Parkway, Suite 1020
> Atlanta, GA  30339
> ph: 770.956.4080 x5361
> fax: 770.956.4077
> cell: 678.524.5764
> http://www.hoteltools.com

 <<Jesse Tilly.vcf>>

RE: Call for "success stories"

Posted by Jon Tirsén <jo...@emm.com>.
We at eMM Marketplace AB http://www.emm.com, a Postgirot Bank AB subsidiary,
are using ant to build our product, a marketplace for the nordic B2B
e-commerce-market. Postgirot is in Sweden the totally dominating bank within
electronic payments. We expect to dominate the swedish e-commerce market
leveraging their existing customer-base.

We use ant 1.2rc for ordinary development-builds and for the nightly-builds.
We use the StarTeam-tasks and several in-house built tasks for labelling
builds, doing ejbc, reporting change-requests etc. Also we distribute the
builds to test and other environments using the FTP-task (which is working
so-so). We also expect to use the JUnit-task soon for nightly smoke-tests.
The first and main reason for using ant is because all development is in
Windows 2000 and all tests and production is in Solaris. We really needed
the platform-independence. Also we like it because it's all Java and so are
we, and because it is so easy to expand.