Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Tom Weber <to...@rtl.lu> on 2006/07/26 17:28:19 UTC

Recompilation of latest lucene seems to break update of Solr - Solution

Hi again,

   sorry to spam the list, but wanted to share the solution which let
the system compile.

   I had to use the latest lucene version, not available on their
site, but only on the subversioning system. (Version called 2.1 -
419723 2006-07-06 22:14:07)

   To get this version, use the "svn" tool, here the syntax :
   "svn checkout http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lucene/java/trunk/
lucene"

   this version does compile and the solr is able to compile also, as
well as the application is running with the jhust build .jar files.

   Best Greetings,

   Tom

Re: Recompilation of latest lucene seems to break update of Solr - Solution

Posted by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org>.
:    I had to use the latest lucene version, not available on their
: site, but only on the subversioning system. (Version called 2.1 -
: 419723 2006-07-06 22:14:07)

Just to clarify: Solr is definitely a little more "bleeding edge" then the
stable releases of Lucene.  The Lucene JARs in solr's lib directory come
from the nightly builds and are rev'ed as needed.

You should always be able to verify which nightly build is in use in the
CHANGES.txt, which currently says...

 3. Upgrade to Lucene 2.0 nightly build 2006-07-15, lucene SVN revision 422302,

-Hoss