Posted to dev@velocity.apache.org by Claude Brisson <cl...@renegat.net.INVALID> on 2018/06/14 19:06:14 UTC

Re: [tools] Running under a SecurityManager

On 04/25/2018 07:43 PM, Michael Osipov wrote:

> Am 2018-03-22 um 01:25 schrieb Claude Brisson:
>> Yes, it'd be great to soon release the tools since the engine is out.
>>
>> And yes, autoconfig hasn't to be the default. Why not starting with
>> an empty toolbox by default if it eases things for integrators. But
>> there are two different things here:
>> 1) *default* tools (loaded from tools.xml files inside each
>> velocity-tools jar)
>> 2) *standard* user toolbox configuration files
>
> I'd even go so far to drop any default configuration from the JAR.
> They cause more havoc than good. Especially because it is really
> really hard to find what the default config is. Unless it is way
> better documented, I'd drop it.

The standard tools seem relatively well documented to me in [1]. We can
add another page showing the raw documentation files. I'd really like to
keep those standard configuration files, it can become an hassle to have
to include standard tools manually, and I don't know which harm they can
do while sitting here since they will have to be explicitly loaded using
'load-default-tools'.

[1]  http://velocity.apache.org/tools/devel/tools-summary.html