Posted to derby-user@db.apache.org by laishram rahul <la...@gmail.com> on 2010/10/02 17:18:09 UTC

cannot make connection

Sir,
Im using eclipse Helios wtp latest release, connection with derby embeddeb
jdbc driver is working fine but i CANNOT make connection with DERBY CLIENT
JDBC DRIVER.
please provide me some help if it is possible...

RE: cannot make connection

Posted by Daniel A Keefe <da...@convergys.com>.
I had a simiilar problem....  Not sure if this is related to your issue but..

I could connect to derby db when I launched my app from Netbeans or when I started it from the
command line in the app directory, i.e. java -jar /mydir/myapp.

However, when I tried to start it otherwise I would get an error "Can not connect to db"
I resolved it by putting the complete path to the derby db into the jdbc connect string

________________________________
Im using eclipse Helios wtp latest release, connection with derby embeddeb jdbc driver is working fine but i CANNOT make connection with DERBY CLIENT JDBC DRIVER.
please provide me some help if it is possible...

________________________________
NOTICE: The information contained in this electronic mail transmission is intended by Convergys Corporation for the use of the named individual or entity to which it is directed and may contain information that is privileged or otherwise confidential. If you have received this electronic mail transmission in error, please delete it from your system without copying or forwarding it, and notify the sender of the error by reply email or by telephone (collect), so that the sender's address records can be corrected.

Re: cannot make connection

Posted by Kristian Waagan <kr...@oracle.com>.
  On 02.10.10 17:18, laishram rahul wrote:
> Sir,
> Im using eclipse Helios wtp latest release, connection with derby
> embeddeb jdbc driver is working fine but i CANNOT make connection with
> DERBY CLIENT JDBC DRIVER.
> please provide me some help if it is possible...

Hello,

Are you connecting to a server on the same machine (localhost), or a
remote host?
If the latter, note that the Derby network server will only allow
connections from localhost by default.

It would also help if you post the exception you get when trying to connect.

Kristian