Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by David Crossley <cr...@indexgeo.com.au> on 2003/09/10 02:02:57 UTC

what is issue with SVGs and DOCTYPE declarations

I noticed that the upgrading_05.html document has a
section "SVGs should omit DOCTYPE declarations".

I wonder if the recent upgrade where we added the W3C
DTDs for SVG to Forrest might have fixed this. Does
someone have a test case and an issue report?

--David

Building FOP (Re: what is issue with SVGs and DOCTYPE declarations)

Posted by Jeff Turner <je...@apache.org>.
On Wed, Sep 10, 2003 at 10:02:57AM +1000, David Crossley wrote:
> I noticed that the upgrading_05.html document has a
> section "SVGs should omit DOCTYPE declarations".
>
> I wonder if the recent upgrade where we added the W3C
> DTDs for SVG to Forrest might have fixed this. Does
> someone have a test case and an issue report?

Building FOP's documentation with CVS Forrest results in
ClassCastExceptions:

X [0] images/EmbeddingExampleObj2XML.png        BROKEN: java.lang.ClassCastException

They can be 'fixed' by commenting out the .svg's DOCTYPE declaration.  I assume
this is a Cocoon bug.

Actually, rendering then dies with a more serious error, probably related
to FOR-60 (NoSuchMethodError @ AbstractJispFilesystemCore.getNullKey()):

* [0] dev/svg/text.svg
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.apache.batik.bridge.UnitProcessor.createContext(Lorg/apache/batik/bridge/BridgeContext;Lorg/w3c/dom/Element;)Lorg/apache/batik/util/UnitProcessor$Context;
        at org.apache.fop.svg.SVGElement.layout(SVGElement.java:218)
        at org.apache.fop.fo.flow.InstreamForeignObject.layout(InstreamForeignObject.java:251)
        at org.apache.fop.fo.flow.Block.layout(Block.java:257)

Sounds like the kind of problem when one library is built for JDK 1.4

--Jeff