Posted to cvs@incubator.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2018/03/06 17:27:11 UTC

[Incubator Wiki] Update of "March2018" by Henry Saputra

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Incubator Wiki" for change notification.

The "March2018" page has been changed by Henry Saputra:
https://wiki.apache.org/incubator/March2018?action=diff&rev1=18&rev2=19

Comment:
Update format and sign off for Griffin

  --------------------
  Griffin

- Griffin is a open source Data Quality solution for distributed data systems at
+ Griffin is a open source Data Quality solution for distributed data systems at any scale in both streaming or batch data context.
- any scale in both streaming or batch data context

  Griffin has been incubating since 2016-12-05.

- ---- /!\ '''Edit conflict - your version:''' ----
+ Three most important issues to address in the move towards graduation:
+
+   1. Enhance dq measurements performance and measure managements.
+   2. Make the next release.
+   3. Grow the community.
+   4. Encourage more use cases.
+
+ Any issues that the Incubator PMC (IPMC) or ASF Board wish/need to be
+ aware of?
+
+   - None
+
+ How has the community developed since the last report?
+
+   - A new committer has been elected.
+   - More users had contacted us for use cases.
+
+ How has the project developed since the last report?
+
+   - Active development is moving on well, 38 commits in last three months.
+   - Measure module performance enhancement in streaming mode.
+   - Timeliness and uniqueness measure for batch and streaming mode has been developed.
+   - Publish measure management has been developed.
+   - Metrics management supported in service module.
+   - UI module for job schedule process has been developed.
+   - Work toward for next version release.
+
+ How would you assess the podling's maturity?
+
+   [] Initial setup
+   [] Working towards first release
+   [X] Community building - One new contributor
+   [] Nearing graduation
+   [] Other:
+
+ Date of last release:
+
+   - Nov 23rd, 2017
+
+ When were the last committers or PPMC members elected?
+
+   - A new committer was elected at Dec 21st, 2017
+
+ Signed-off-by:
+
+   [X](griffin) Henry Saputra
+      Comments:
+   [ ](griffin) Kasper Sørensen
+      Comments:
+   [ ](griffin) Uma Maheswara Rao Gangumalla
+      Comments:
+   [ ](griffin) Luciano Resende
+      Comments:
+
+ IPMC/Shepherd notes:
+
+
+
+ --------------------
+ Hivemall
+
+ Hivemall is a library for machine learning implemented as Hive
  UDFs/UDAFs/UDTFs.

  Hivemall has been incubating since 2016-09-13.

- ---- /!\ '''End of edit conflict''' ----
-

-  1. Grow/Marketing the community since we will release milestone version soon.
-  2. Onboard use cases, we need to contact with our customers weekly for feedback.
-  3. Make profiling and accuracy matured based on feedback.
+  1. Create the first Apache release
+  2. Community growth (committers and users)
+  3. Documentation improvements

- Any issues that the Incubator PMC (IPMC) or ASF Board wish/need to be
+ Any issues that the Incubator PMC (IPMC) or ASF Board wish/need to be aware
- aware of?
+ of?

-  - None
+  * Markus Weimer resigned from our Project mentor as he sent a message
+    to IPMC private list.
+  * We need to recruit active Mentor(s) -> will do
+  * Two more +1 votes from IPMC members are required for the release (Please join!)
+     https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/86a0d8df057c6c7b0675f8bbdb211fe6602545c68de2bf9b7b8204c1@%3Cgeneral.incubator.apache.org%3E

- ---- /!\ '''Edit conflict - other version:''' ----
+ ---- /!\ '''Edit conflict - your version:''' ----

- How has the community developed since the last report?
+ ---- /!\ '''End of edit conflict''' ----

-  - A new committer has been elected.
-  - More users had contacted us for use cases.
-
- How has the project developed since the last report?
+ How has the community developed since the last report?
-  - Active development is moving on well, 38 commits in last three months.
-  - Measure module performance enhancement in streaming mode.
-  - Timeliness and uniqueness measure for batch and streaming mode has been developed.
-  - Publish measure management has been developed.
-  - Metrics management supported in service module.
-  - UI module for job schedule process has been developed.
-  - Work toward for next version release.

+  * Have seen talks using Apache Hivemall in EU meetups
+     https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1r7k0VggUBmEIsF7IBJtn558fEOq812i1gBVXBxF4Wy8/
+  * Github watchers/stars are gradually increasing:
+     126 stars as of Mar 1 (was 108 on Dec 6)
+  * Twitter account @ApacheHivemall followers are gradually increasing:
- How would you assess the podling's maturity?
- Please feel free to add your own commentary.
-
-   [ ] Initial setup
-   [ ] Working towards first release
-   [ ] Community building
-   [X] Nearing graduation
-   [ ] Other:
-
- ---- /!\ '''Edit conflict - your version:''' ----
      111 followers as of Mar 1 (was 101 on Dec 6)

+
+ ---- /!\ '''Edit conflict - other version:''' ----

   * Prepared the first Apache release candidates
@@ -661, +710 @@

   [ ] Nearing graduation
   [ ] Other:

- ---- /!\ '''End of edit conflict''' ----
-
- Date of last release:
-
-   2017-11-23
-
- ---- /!\ '''Edit conflict - other version:''' ----
-
- When were the last committers or PPMC members elected?
-
-  - A new committer was elected at Dec 21st, 2017
-
- Signed-off-by:
-
-   [ ](griffin) Kasper Sørensen
-      Comments:
-   [ ](griffin) Uma Maheswara Rao Gangumalla
-      Comments:
-   [ ](griffin) Luciano Resende
-      Comments:
-   [ ](griffin) Henry Saputra
-      Comments:
-
- IPMC/Shepherd notes:
-
- ---- /!\ '''Edit conflict - your version:''' ----
-   1.
-   2.
-   3.
-
- Any issues that the Incubator PMC (IPMC) or ASF Board wish/need to be
- aware of?
-
- ---- /!\ '''End of edit conflict''' ----
-
-
-
-
- ---- /!\ '''Edit conflict - other version:''' ----
- --------------------
- Hivemall
-
[...]
-    * 0.5.0-RC3 is now under IPMC voting
-      https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/86a0d8df057c6c7b0675f8bbdb211fe6602545c68de2bf9b7b8204c1@%3Cgeneral.incubator.apache.org%3E
-    * 0.5.0-RC2 vote failed in IPMC vote
-      https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/1ed09ea21f5618c059c1a415224bd37335507efcf0fec34125140aa8@%3Cgeneral.incubator.apache.org%3E
-    * 0.5.0-RC1 vote failed in PPMC vote
-      https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/abd4d11f07695478805934c6ca1cefacc9d81a244c2aabb7ad72036d@%3Cdev.hivemall.apache.org%3E
-
-  Since the last report, we have
-    * In the last 3 months, we opened 12 JIRA issues and closed 11 JIRA issues
-       as seen in https://goo.gl/QFQEF5 (as of Mar 1)
-                      Created   Resolved
-          Dec   2017    3           7
-          Jan   2018    4           3
-          Feb   2018    5           1
-    * Created 10 Pull Requests and closed/merged 10 Pull Requests between Dec 01 and Mar 01.
-      https://github.com/apache/incubator-hivemall/pulls?q=is%3Apr%20created%3A2017-12-01..2018-03-01
-      https://github.com/apache/incubator-hivemall/pulls?q=is%3Apr%20closed%3A2017-12-01..2018-03-01
-
- How would you assess the podling's maturity? Please feel free to add your own
- commentary.
-
-  [ ] Initial setup
-  [x] Working towards first release