Posted to jetspeed-dev@portals.apache.org by Christophe Lombart <ch...@sword-technologies.com> on 2005/02/07 23:36:27 UTC

Setting the edit template

Hi All,

Within the current GenericServletPortlet, it is not possible to set the
template in the edit mode (PARAM_EDIT_PAGE). It is possible to change it
in the ProcessAction but not in the doEdit method.
The method call  "response.setRenderParameter(PARAM_EDIT_PAGE,
"myTemplate.vm")" works fine in the ProcessAction but I don't see
similar possibilities in the doEdit because setParameter is not defined.
Am I wrong ? For some portlets it should be nice to have the flexibility
to change the template in the doEdit method. What do you think about that ?

Christophe

Re: Setting the edit template

Posted by Christophe Lombart <ch...@sword-technologies.com>.
David Sean Taylor wrote:

> Christophe Lombart wrote:
>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> Within the current GenericServletPortlet, it is not possible to set
>> the template in the edit mode (PARAM_EDIT_PAGE). It is possible to
>> change it in the ProcessAction but not in the doEdit method.
>> The method call  "response.setRenderParameter(PARAM_EDIT_PAGE,
>> "myTemplate.vm")" works fine in the ProcessAction but I don't see
>> similar possibilities in the doEdit because setParameter is not
>> defined. Am I wrong ? For some portlets it should be nice to have the
>> flexibility to change the template in the doEdit method. What do you
>> think about that ?
>>
> patch applied to edit mode (and help) to work same as view mode
> let me know if that works for you

Yes, that works - Thank for this patch

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.

--