Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Andy Sykes <a....@ucl.ac.uk> on 2009/03/21 01:33:54 UTC

Pagination and s:subset

Hi list,

After bodging my way through some pagination for a project I'm working
on with a combination of OGNL expressions, s:subset and s:iterator, I
was wondering if anyone had given any serious thought to the
practicality of implementing displaytag-style pagination in S2 tags?

Display tag is fabulous if you're working in tables; if you're not,
it's a pain in the butt. You either have to roll your own pagination,
which is a drag, or do a kludgy hack based on TableDecorators. If I'm
missing something, please let me know!

I've not brain-mapped exactly how I'd go about it, but I'm fairly sure
of the general idea. Has anyone thought through this and seen
potential show-stoppers?

Cheers,
Andy.

Re: Pagination and s:subset

Posted by Paweł Wielgus <po...@gmail.com>.
Hi Andy,
i was always working with my home made paginators, actualy one for S1
and one for S2, one reason is i'm working with no standard database
solutions, and the other that pagination fragment is just a few line
of jsp code that can be included any where in your apps plus some kind
of convention for actions or forms. So if You will do it yourself you
will have all the control over how it behaves.
But that's just my point of view.

Best greetings,
Paweł Wielgus.