Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Paul Slattery <pa...@macalla.com> on 2002/04/19 16:35:09 UTC

bean serialisation

hi ,

I'm very new to the webservices paradigm . I have developed a webservice as
an extension of one of our webapps . I have deployed and developed the
webservice and can look it up and invoke methods on it while using a small
client program that I wrote as a test.
The invokation returns the bean containing the result correctly when I test
it using my client. However when I try to invoke the service from our webapp
, the line of code directly after call.invoke is never executed , and there
is a java.NoSuchMethodError on the method in the webapp that attempts to use
the bean that is sent back

Is there something obvious that I am missing ?
Any tips on serialisation/deserialisation in general ?

thanks in advance

paul