Posted to users@solr.apache.org by Pradeep <ku...@gmail.com> on 2022/12/12 15:14:28 UTC

Slowness in Solr Optimize

Hi Team,

We have migrated Apache solr aws load balancer  from classic to Application
load balancer. We havent changed anything in solr other than migrating load
balancer but solr taking more time while committing in Solr.

Fyi, we are processing 200 records every batch, this is failing at last
stage of commit in solr (deleting stale records in solr). But same logic
working fine from many years in classic load balancer but after migration
to ALB this is happenning.

Regards,
Pradeep

Re: Slowness in Solr Optimize

Posted by Dave <ha...@gmail.com>.
You can check the atones to see if solr itself actually slowed down.  As solr has nothing to do with a load balancer I doubt it has. Also you used a sentence that concerns me, clearing out the deleted documents, which sounds like an optimize command.  You as a user should never use that, let solr manage its index on its own and just make sure you always have three times the disk space as a full index

Posted by David Hastings <ha...@gmail.com>.
Interesting, actually one method I used was to use Memcached to get the
if you had enough memory

Posted by Walter Underwood <wu...@wunderwood.org>.

Posted by David Hastings <ha...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Walter Underwood <wu...@wunderwood.org>.

Posted by Dave <ha...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Shawn Heisey <ap...@elyograg.org>.

Posted by Pradeep <ku...@gmail.com>.
Thank you shawn.

Posted by Dave <ha...@gmail.com>.
Sounds like you should contact aws about it since it’s not a solr issue if the qtimes haven’t increased in the solr logs.  And again, don’t load balance but that’s my personal opinion

Posted by Pradeep <ku...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Deepak Goel <de...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Shawn Heisey <el...@elyograg.org>.