Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Bogomolnyi Constantin <Co...@ifrance.com> on 2001/03/16 11:47:54 UTC

Re: perl5.6 (was: Shared variables, inner subs and "our")

Hi ,

You should probably try 5.7.0 witch is much more stable than 5.6.0 (you
should not try unicode stuff , whitch is quite buggy)

I use 5.7.0  on all my production servers without any problems .

Best
Posted by Dave Rolsky <au...@urth.org>.
On Fri, 16 Mar 2001, Bogomolnyi Constantin wrote:

> You should probably try 5.7.0 witch is much more stable than 5.6.0 (you
> should not try unicode stuff , whitch is quite buggy)
>
> I use 5.7.0  on all my production servers without any problems .

5.7.0 may have fixed some of the bugs of 5.6.0 but it is a dev release
(anything where the subversion is odd is a dev release).  I don't think
anyone working on the Perl core would recommend the use of a dev release
in production unless you absolutely need a piece of functionality present
in that particular dev release.

I'd suggest using 5.00503 until 5.6.1 comes out, which should fix lots of
bugs.

-dave

www.urth.org
We await the New Sun