Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Nicolas FRANK <nf...@financeactive.com> on 2003/04/11 14:37:35 UTC

RE : install WITHOUT junits

You can put this in your project.properties:

# junit plugin
maven.test.failure.ignore = true

Tests are still compiled and execute, but failures are ignores.

Posted by James CE Johnson <jc...@tragus.org>.
> And remember that you do this at your own risk. The jar could be
> complete  junk as far as working code goes....

<flame-suit-on>

Yea, but when you're completely changing the implementation of something
it can be a handy thing.

For instance, our current project has several sub-projects. One of those
creates a jarfile that the other, a warfile, uses. We can't build the
warfile without doing a jar:install on the jarfile project.I don't do
test-driven-design so if I decide to change the implementation of
something in the jarfile I have to disable the tests until I'm statisfied
that it works as expected in the warfile. I then go back and
correct/expand the tests in the jarfile so that the expected (and
unexpected - thanks Clover) behavior is tested.

Now some folks may take exception (no pun intended) to that approach and
insist that we all do test-driven-design but it just doesn't work for me.
I'm working in a problem-space (whacky business logic) that I don't fully
comprehend so I can't really lay down the design and implementation until
I can "see" it working together in the webapp.

Another thing I would like to do is jar:install that doesn't even *invoke*
the testcases. I mean, if I'm going to ignore their output anyway then
(for rapid compile/test/debug cycles) why bother even running them?

I don't want to enter into a "best practices" debate. I just wanted to
point out our particular use-case where it makes sense to ignore the
testcase results (or skip their execution completely) during parts of the
development day.

</flame-suit-on>

> --
> dIon Gillard, Multitask Consulting
> Blog:      http://www.freeroller.net/page/dion/Weblog
> Work:      http://www.multitask.com.au
>

> "Nicolas FRANK" <nf...@financeactive.com> wrote on 11/04/2003 10:37:35
> PM:
>
>> You can put this in your project.properties:
>>
>> # junit plugin
>> maven.test.failure.ignore = true
>>

>> Tests are still compiled and execute, but failures are ignores.

RE : install WITHOUT junits

Posted by di...@multitask.com.au.