Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by angeloimm <an...@libero.it> on 2005/01/24 23:20:17 UTC

Cocoon 2.1.5 and JDom 1.0

Hi all... i'm using cocoon 2.1.5; i have seen that when i use jdom 1.0 i have some errors; above all i hav an error like java.lang.VerifyError or NoSuchMethodErrror; if i use jdom version 0.8 (by doing the right changes) all works very fine; does this mean that i can't use jdom 1.0 on cocoon 2.1.5?
If it's not so... how can i do?
Thanks

Re: Cocoon 2.1.5 and JDom 1.0

Posted by Antonio Gallardo <ag...@agssa.net>.
On Lun, 24 de Enero de 2005, 16:20, angeloimm dijo:
> Hi all... i'm using cocoon 2.1.5; i have seen that when i use jdom 1.0 i
> have some errors; above all i hav an error like java.lang.VerifyError or
> NoSuchMethodErrror; if i use jdom version 0.8 (by doing the right changes)
> all works very fine; does this mean that i can't use jdom 1.0 on cocoon
> 2.1.5?
> If it's not so... how can i do?

As posted before there are dependencies between slide and Jdom. BTW, in
the 2.1.7-dev branch, there is already updated Slide. Now it uses Jdom
1.0. Perhaps you will like to try it. The 2.1.7 relese is planned for the
next month. ;-)

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo.

Re: Cocoon 2.1.5 and JDom 1.0

Posted by Scott Yeadon <sc...@anu.edu.au>.
There seems to be some incompatibilty with the Slide block of Cocoon
which uses the b9 API and installs the b9 jar in the lib dir. If you
leave the Slide block out when you install Cocoon that may work, but I'm
not sure how tightly Slide and Cocoon work together (I haven't directly
needed to reference any Slide classes, but don't know what parts of
Coccon make use of Slide). I use JDOM b9 under Cocoon but v1.0 for
everything else. With my Cocoon code I've coded for both 1.0 and b9 but
commented out the 1.0 logic until a version of Cocoon (or at least the
Slide block) comes along that's compatible with JDOM b9.

Scott.