Posted to dev@zeppelin.apache.org by Akash Mishra <ak...@gmail.com> on 2017/06/28 17:15:40 UTC

Google OAuth in Zeppelin

Hi *,

Is there any plans to enable OAuth based Authentication mechanism for
Zeppelin. Going through some of the archive emails I found out people
suggesting to use buji-pac4j but it looks like the integration is not very
smooth. I was also looking at the Apache Oltu Project which helps in the
handling of OAuth.

I am planning to add OAuth feature on Zeppelin but would require some input
from community,

1. Do we have any brainstorm done on how to implement OAuth?
2. Which library would be better suited for our case?

Akash Mishra.

"It's not our abilities that make us, but our decisions."--Albus Dumbledore

Re: Google OAuth in Zeppelin

Posted by Khalid Huseynov <kh...@apache.org>.
Actually simple implementation for OpenId was done in
https://github.com/apache/zeppelin/pull/2373 through shiro using buji-pac4j
library as you said. This library provides integration realm for OAuth as
well, so I think good starting point would be to configure buji-pac4j with
OAuth realm, and theoretically it should be working or may need some
modifications to already existing flow.

Re: Google OAuth in Zeppelin

Posted by Jongyoul Lee <jo...@gmail.com>.
Hi,