Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Jens Reufsteck <je...@hobsons.de> on 2005/06/03 15:27:17 UTC

Problems with retrieving latin1 characters with sql-transformer

Hi all,

I'm using postgres and have problems retrieving
German special characters out of the database
with sql_ascii (latin1) encoding.

In the archives I've seen some messages
suggesting <dburl>...?charSet=latin1 (or
iso-8859-1) and alternatively
?charSet=utf8</dburl>.

Unfortunately, it doesn't work for me. In most
cases all special German characters are replaced
by a '?' and the following two characters are
eaten up - in some cases I get the following
exception:
org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Failed to
execute pipeline: java.lang.RuntimeException:

Does anyone know what to do?

Thanks

Jens Reufsteck
--