Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Joel McConaughy <jo...@displayware.com> on 2004/06/30 02:27:35 UTC

Validating XML in pipeline?

I would like to validate XML within the pipeline before running it
through a set of stylesheets.  Rooting thru the archives, I found a
couple of references to a custom action that validates against a DTD.
Is there a way to do this without resorting to an action?  This seems
like it should be simple to do -- I'm hoping Ive overlooked something.
Thanks.

joel

Re: Validating XML in pipeline?

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.
Joerg Heinicke wrote:
> Joel McConaughy wrote:
>
> > I would like to validate XML within the pipeline before running it
> > through a set of stylesheets.  Rooting thru the archives, I found a
> > couple of references to a custom action that validates against a DTD.
> > Is there a way to do this without resorting to an action?  This seems
> > like it should be simple to do -- I'm hoping Ive overlooked something.
>
> There is a ValidationTransformer at
> http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=ValidationTransformer. It seems
> it has not yet ben committed to CVS.

There is a recent thread in the dev archives about this.
It couldn't be committed due to various issues. Other
solutions were proposed, but no further action yet.

--
David Crossley

Re: Validating XML in pipeline?

Posted by Joerg Heinicke <jo...@gmx.de>.
On 30.06.2004 02:27, Joel McConaughy wrote:

> I would like to validate XML within the pipeline before running it
> through a set of stylesheets.  Rooting thru the archives, I found a
> couple of references to a custom action that validates against a DTD.
> Is there a way to do this without resorting to an action?  This seems
> like it should be simple to do -- I'm hoping Ive overlooked something.

There is a ValidationTransformer at
http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=ValidationTransformer. It seems
it has not yet ben committed to CVS.

Joerg