Posted to user@struts.apache.org by st...@gmail.com on 2007/05/10 20:48:58 UTC

General UI Tag limitation

How do I make the request to have UI tag attributes modified to evaluate an
OGNL expression?  Without support for substitution on key attributes like
"key," we are forced to write if/else code and duplicate many statements in
a JSP.  I looked at the MailReader example last evening, and the logic
required to switch on "task" and display the appropriate controls was a
mess.  If UI attributes could evaluate OGNL expressions, it would largely
eliminate the logic in the screen.

--
Scott
stanlick@gmail.com