Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Ivo Zivkov <iz...@sympatico.ca> on 2002/01/02 04:31:50 UTC

Turbine/Velocity and PostgreSQL problem

Has anyone been able to get turbine and velocity to work with PostgreSQL? I
followed the instruction to build the sample application (newapp), and
applied the patch to the PostgreSQL JDBC driver as recommended here:

http://jakarta.apache.org/turbine/turbine-2/howto/postgres-howto.html

Still, I am getting the following errors in the app log file:

[Tue Jan 01 18:44:15 EST 2002] -- ERROR -- Error rendering Velocity
template: s\
creens/user/FluxUserList.vm: Invocation of method 'getUsers' in  class
org.apac\
he.turbine.flux.tools.FluxTool threw exception class
org.apache.turbine.util.se\
curity.DataBackendException
and:
[Tue Jan 01 18:44:15 EST 2002] -- ERROR -- Error rendering Velocity
template: s\
creens/user/FluxUserList.vm: Error rendering Velocity template:
screens/user/Fl\
uxUserList.vm: Invocation of method 'getUsers' in  class
org.apache.turbine.flu\
x.tools.FluxTool threw exception class
org.apache.turbine.util.security.DataBac\
kendException

I understand it has something to do with velocity and PostgreSQL not
handling BLObs correctly, but has anyone been able to resolve this?

Regards,
Ivo Zivkov