Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Prashant Bhat <pr...@gmail.com> on 2010/11/06 10:50:18 UTC

[daemon] jsvc: error while loading shared libraries: libcap.so.1

Hi,

I'd like to make my application run as a service both on windows and Ubuntu.
So I'm trying to use apache-daemon 1.0.4 linux binary release [1].

I'm using Ubuntu-10.04.  When I execute ./jsvc , it stops with an error
message like this:
'./jsvc: error while loading shared libraries: libcap.so.1: cannot open
shared object file: No such file or directory'

Then I tried to steps to build from source. But that failed as well, for the
following command.
$ sh support/buildconf.sh
  support/buildconf.sh: 33: autoconf: not found
  support/buildconf.sh: cannot generate configure script

Are there any other libraries to include? Any ideas/suggestions to solve
this?

Thanks,
Prashant

[1]
http://www.apache.org/dist/commons/daemon/binaries/1.0.4/linux/commons-daemon-1.0.4-bin-linux-i586.tar.gz

Re: [daemon] jsvc: error while loading shared libraries: libcap.so.1

Posted by Dean <de...@gmail.com>.
as far as I understand you *should be able to just ship the built
library with your code and it should be okay.
~Dean

Posted by Prashant Bhat <pr...@gmail.com>.
Hi Dean,

Posted by Dean <de...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Prashant Bhat <pr...@gmail.com>.
Hi Dean,

Thanks for your quick response. Now I installed both build-essential
and autotools-dev packages. But I still get the same error, when running 'sh
support/buildconf.sh'

If there was pre-built binary release compatible with the platform, it would
greatly help as I'm not well versed with unix scripts.

Thanks,
Prashant

Posted by Dean <de...@gmail.com>.