Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by shalom sagges <sh...@gmail.com> on 2018/01/02 08:14:55 UTC

3.0.15 or 3.11.1

Hi All,

I want to upgrade from 2.x to 3.x.

I can definitely use the features in 3.11.1 but it's not a must.
So my question is, is 3.11.1 stable and suitable for Production compared to
3.0.15?

Thanks!

Re: 3.0.15 or 3.11.1

Posted by shalom sagges <sh...@gmail.com>.
Thanks a lot for the info!
Much appreciated.

Re: 3.0.15 or 3.11.1

Posted by Mick Semb Wever <mi...@thelastpickle.com>.

Re: 3.0.15 or 3.11.1

Posted by Nate McCall <na...@thelastpickle.com>.

> Can you please provide dome JIRAs for superior fixes and performance
> improvements which are present in 3.11.1 but are missing in 3.0.15.

For the security conscious, CASSANDRA-11695 allows you to use Cassandra's
authentication and authorization to lock down JMX/nodetool access instead
of relying on per-node configuration.

--
-----------------
Nate McCall

CTO
Apache Cassandra Consulting
http://www.thelastpickle.com

Re: 3.0.15 or 3.11.1

Posted by shini gupta <gu...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Can you please provide dome JIRAs for superior fixes and performance
improvements which are present in 3.11.1 but are missing in 3.0.15.

In addition,could you also provide the probable implications of the open
memory leak issue in Cassandra 3.11.
CASSANDRA-13929: BTree$Builder / io.netty.util.Recycler$Stack leaking memory
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-13929>

Is it still recommended to go for 3.11.

Thanks

--
-Shini Gupta

""Trusting in God won't make the mountain smaller,
But will make climbing easier.
Do not ask God for a lighter load
But ask Him for a stronger back... ""

Re: 3.0.15 or 3.11.1

Posted by Jon Haddad <jo...@jonhaddad.com>.

[1] http://thelastpickle.com/blog/2017/01/10/twcs-part2.html <http://thelastpickle.com/blog/2017/01/10/twcs-part2.html>

Re: 3.0.15 or 3.11.1

Posted by shalom sagges <sh...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Guys!

Re: 3.0.15 or 3.11.1

Posted by Mick Semb Wever <mi...@thelastpickle.com>.

RE: [EXTERNAL] 3.0.15 or 3.11.1

Posted by "Durity, Sean R" <SE...@homedepot.com>.
It might help if you let us know about which 3.11 features you are interested. As I hear it, some of the features may not be PR ready (like materialized views). In my opinion, it seems that 3.0.15 is the more stable way to go. However, I have not been testing 3.11, so my thoughts are more based on what others have experienced, not my own experience.

Sean Durity

I can definitely use the features in 3.11.1 but it's not a must.
So my question is, is 3.11.1 stable and suitable for Production compared to 3.0.15?
Thanks!

The information in this Internet Email is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. Access to this Email by anyone else is unauthorized. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful. When addressed to our clients any opinions or advice contained in this Email are subject to the terms and conditions expressed in any applicable governing The Home Depot terms of business or client engagement letter. The Home Depot disclaims all responsibility and liability for the accuracy and content of this attachment and for any damages or losses arising from any inaccuracies, errors, viruses, e.g., worms, trojan horses, etc., or other items of a destructive nature, which may be contained in this attachment and shall not be liable for direct, indirect, consequential or special damages in connection with this e-mail message or its attachment.