Posted to dev@livy.apache.org by Marcelo Vanzin <va...@cloudera.com.INVALID> on 2019/04/02 18:21:39 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Apache Livy 0.6.0-incubating released

The Apache Livy team is proud to announce the release of Apache Livy
0.6.0-incubating.

Livy is web service that exposes a REST interface for managing long
running Apache Spark contexts in your cluster. Livy enables
programmatic, fault-tolerant, multi-tenant submission of Spark jobs
from web/mobile apps (no Spark client needed). So, multiple users can
interact with your Spark cluster concurrently and reliably.

Download Apache Livy 0.6.0-incubating:
http://livy.incubator.apache.org/download/

Release Notes:
http://livy.incubator.apache.org/history/

For more about Livy check our website:
http://livy.incubator.apache.org/

We would like to thank the contributors that made the release possible!

--
Marcelo

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Livy 0.6.0-incubating released

Posted by Marcelo Vanzin <va...@cloudera.com.INVALID>.
(Apologies to all, this is the same announcement as previously, but
including the missing disclaimer.)

The Apache Livy team is proud to announce the release of Apache Livy
0.6.0-incubating.

Livy is web service that exposes a REST interface for managing long
running Apache Spark contexts in your cluster. Livy enables
programmatic, fault-tolerant, multi-tenant submission of Spark jobs
from web/mobile apps (no Spark client needed). So, multiple users can
interact with your Spark cluster concurrently and reliably.

Download Apache Livy 0.6.0-incubating:
http://livy.incubator.apache.org/download/

Release Notes:
http://livy.incubator.apache.org/history/

For more about Livy check our website:
http://livy.incubator.apache.org/

We would like to thank the contributors that made the release possible!

=====
*Disclaimer*

Apache Livy (incubating) is an effort undergoing incubation at The
Apache Software Foundation (ASF), sponsored by the name of Apache
Incubator PMC. Incubation is required of all newly accepted projects
until a further review indicates that the infrastructure,
communications, and decision making process have
stabilized in a manner consistent with other successful ASF projects.
While incubation status is not necessarily a reflection of the
completeness or stability of the code, it does indicate that the
project has yet to be fully endorsed by the ASF.

Posted by Marcelo Vanzin <va...@cloudera.com.INVALID>.
Oops, my bad. Must have missed it when I copy & pasted a previous
announcement. Will send an amended e-mail.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Marcelo Vanzin <va...@cloudera.com>.
They are, it just takes a while for mirrors to pick them up.

https://repository.apache.org/content/groups/public/org/apache/livy/livy-api/

Posted by kant kodali <ka...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Marcelo Vanzin <va...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Alexey Romanenko <ar...@gmail.com>.

- Page http://livy.incubator.apache.org/history/ <http://livy.incubator.apache.org/history/> , wrong link "0.6.0-incubating”, it leads to 0.5.0 tag instead of 0.6.0
- LIVY-489 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LIVY-489> (umbrella jira for Hive-compatible JDBC / ODBC server feature) is not resolved and not linked to 0.6.0 release. Do we need to properly close this jira?

Posted by Jeff Zhang <zj...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Marcelo

--
Best Regards

Jeff Zhang

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Livy 0.6.0-incubating released

Posted by ka...@gmail.com.

Posted by Ruslan Dautkhanov <da...@gmail.com>.
Thanks a lot Marcelo !

Ruslan

On Tue, Apr 2, 2019 at 12:24 PM Marcelo Vanzin <va...@cloudera.com> wrote:

> The Apache Livy team is proud to announce the release of Apache Livy
> 0.6.0-incubating.
>
> Livy is web service that exposes a REST interface for managing long
> running Apache Spark contexts in your cluster. Livy enables
> programmatic, fault-tolerant, multi-tenant submission of Spark jobs
> from web/mobile apps (no Spark client needed). So, multiple users can
> interact with your Spark cluster concurrently and reliably.
>
> Download Apache Livy 0.6.0-incubating:
> http://livy.incubator.apache.org/download/
>
> Release Notes:
> http://livy.incubator.apache.org/history/
>
> For more about Livy check our website:
> http://livy.incubator.apache.org/
>
> We would like to thank the contributors that made the release possible!
>

> --
> Marcelo

Ruslan Dautkhanov

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Livy 0.6.0-incubating released

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.