Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by ji...@philips.com on 2002/10/14 23:09:39 UTC

Need help in soap 2.3.1 samples

I have Tomcat 4.01 installed and running. Also I installed soap 2.3.1 and
deployed AddressFetcher sample through Tomcat. I got the following error
when I run GetAllListings app:

C:\soap-2_3_1>java samples.addressbook.GetAllListings
http://130.140.65.79:8080/
soap/servlet/rpcrouter
Generated fault: [Attributes={}] [faultCode=SOAP-ENV:Client]
[faultString=Deploy
ment error in SOAP service 'urn:AddressFetcher': class name
'samples.addressbook
.Address' could not be resolved: samples.addressbook.Address]
[faultActorURI=/so
ap/servlet/rpcrouter] [DetailEntries=] [FaultEntries=]

Please help me out!

Thank in advance,

Jingkun

Re: Need help in soap 2.3.1 samples

Posted by Scott Nichol <sn...@scottnichol.com>.
Your server cannot load the classes for the samples.  Since you are
using Tomcat 4.0.1, you should follow these instructions for
installation Apache SOAP:
http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/*checkout*/xml-soap/java/docs/install/
tomcat.html?rev=HEAD&content-type=text/html

Scott Nichol

may be off-topic

Posted by Malte Kempff <ke...@medicalcolumbus.de>.
Hi *.*,

I have following problem and questtion:
I am using Soap and Java-Web Start. The client uses Soap-services to access
a database.
The client, a Java-application, therefore needs the url of the server, where
the Soap-services are established. Right now I am using a constant,
knowing that is not the smartest way, because I need to change it, when the
server is a different one, the production-server for instance.
Is there an oportunity to get the host url from wich the Java-application
was downloaded in the Java code of this downloaded application?
If there is a way and anybody knows it, getting the server url, from wich
the Web-Start application came from in the application code itself, could
you please tell me? If anybody knows a webstart mailing list, that might
help me, too.
Thanks a lot in advance
Malte

Medical Columbus AG