Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by eyal edri <ey...@gmail.com> on 2007/10/26 12:40:54 UTC

Is there a way to tell nutch fetcher not to parse for text in the page? (i.e. just links)

Hi,

Is there a way to tell nutch not to parse the pages it fetches? meaning just
to extract the links from it?
I know there is a "-no parsing" attribute,but still i need to d/l some
contentTypes using the parse-XXX plugins.. so i'm not sure it will work if i
use the option.

Thank you,

--
Eyal Edri

Re: Is there a way to tell nutch fetcher not to parse for text in the page? (i.e. just links)

Posted by Dennis Kubes <ku...@apache.org>.
The noparsing option will still download and store the content.  It
simply will not parse the content.

Dennis Kubes

Posted by "joel.gump" <bi...@gmail.com>.
maybe you can try to use

http://search.capan.org/~podmaster/HTML-LinkExtractor-0.13

Posted by eyal edri <ey...@gmail.com>.
I understand,
but my intention was on parsing the text and collecting keywords for
indexing/query.
with the overal intention on increasing the speed of the fetcher and
updatedb.

is there a way to do it (maybe removing serveral plugins?)

Posted by Andrzej Bialecki <ab...@getopt.org>.