Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Marc-Christian Schröer <ms...@klute-thiemann.de> on 2004/12/22 08:32:04 UTC

[net] encoding problem

Hello list!

I am using the FTPClient class to upload files to a Linux server using
UTF-8 encoding for its filenames, etc. I have recently run into some
serious problem: files containing German umlauts are not stored correctly
on the destination system. Using the standard ftp client supplied with
the distribution solves the problem but this workaround cannot stay.

I tried to set the encoding using setControlEncoding("UTF-8") explicitly,
but that did not change anything.

Did anybody experience the same problem and can point me to some
solution? Thanks in advance and merry christmas to everyone on this list.

--
Kind regards from Germany,
 Marc-Christian Schröer

 Dipl.-Inform. Marc-Christian Schröer mailto:schroeer@klute-thiemann.de
 Klute-Thiemann
 Informationstechnologie GmbH & Co. KG            Tel. +49.231.9742.543
 Emil-Figge-Strasse 76-80                         Fax. +49.231.9742.544
 D-44227 Dortmund                          http://www.klute-thiemann.de