Posted to docs@cocoon.apache.org by st...@outerthought.org on 2003/03/18 15:00:03 UTC

[WIKI-UPDATE] DocbookTransformation Tue Mar 18 15:00:03 2003

Page: http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=DocbookTransformation , version: 28 on Tue Mar 18 13:44:42 2003 by 211.132.17.118

- * Use saxon 7.2 or greater which uses the JAXP parser. Be warned that the 7.x series is considered experimental.
+ * Use saxon 7.2 and following wich use the jaxp parser (they are not considerated the official version).
- I have received a comment which says that normally Saxon use Xerces. I really can't tell anything about it but what I'm sure of is that on my system the only way to make the thing work is to "patch" Saxon.jar to make it use Xerces this way:\\
?                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 --

+ I have received a comment which says that normally Saxon use Xerces. I really can't tell anything about it but what I'm sure of is that on my system the only way to make the thing work is to "patch" Saxon.jar to make it use Xerces this way:
- {{{
+ org.apache.xerces.jaxp.SAXParserFactoryImpl. This tells Saxon to use xerces instead of aelfred as parser.[1]\\
- org.apache.xerces.jaxp.SAXParserFactoryImpl.
- }}}
- This tells Saxon to use xerces instead of aelfred as parser.[1]\\
- __Saxon 7.2__\\
+ __Saxon 7.5.2__\\

- If you want to use instead Saxon 7.2 the only thing to change is the parameter "transformer-factory" and remember that in this case you don't have to change the parser used by Saxon.
+ If you want to use instead Saxon 7.5.2 the only thing to change is the parameter "transformer-factory" and remember that in this case you don't have to change the parser used by Saxon.