Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Justin Smith <js...@mcs.drexel.edu> on 2003/04/24 14:38:46 UTC

Pages occasionally not being displayed!

I am using Tomcat 4.1.24 with Apache 2.0.40 connected via jk2_mod
and every third or fourth time one looks at a web page, the message
Server error!

        The server encountered an internal error and was unable to
        complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there
        was an error in a CGI script.

        If you think this is a server error, please contact the
        webmaster

Error 500

is displayed. Hitting the reload button on the browser usually solves
the problem.

The apache error log says jk2_mod was unable to connect to Tomcat. (This
is a real problem because I have courseware on tomcat and my computer
illiterate students just say the server is broken and give up).

Any suggestions?