Posted to user@trafodion.apache.org by "Liu, Yuan (Yuan)" <yu...@esgyn.cn> on 2017/04/17 04:17:42 UTC

答复: How to deal with SQL 10007

Hi Sandhya,

Thanks for your response, it is based on Trafodion 2.0, so why caused this issue and is there any way to solve this?

Best regards,
Yuan
Posted by "Liu, Yuan (Yuan)" <yu...@esgyn.cn>.
Thank you very much for your solution, Sandhya, I will try it out.

Best regards,
Yuan
Posted by Sandhya Sundaresan <sa...@esgyn.com>.
You need to configure more space  for the scratch file overflow.
The upsert operation needs to perform a sort that is pretty  large so it is overflowing to temp space but there isn’t enough space on the /tmp disk.
In Trafodion 2.1 we have support for a CQD which makes it easy to override the env settings.

Since you’re based on 2.0 , what you can do is configure more space for scratch space by changing the envvar setting but you’ll need to restart trafodion.
Either you can assign one large disk instead of /tmp or else specifiy a list of disks so the sort has more space to overflow suring execution. These changes need to be made on everynode and permissions set correctly.

Steps :

·         Create directories under every mounted disk on every single node using a command similar to this

o    mkdir -p <dir>/stfs_overflow

·         Make sure the new directories are owned by the trafodion user for read/write access

o    chown trafodion:<group> <dir>/stfs_overflow

·         Edit $MY_SQROOT/etc/ms.env on each node

o    STFS_HDD_LOCATION=<dir1>/stfs_overflow:<dir2>/stfs_overflow:<dir3>/stfs_overflow