Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by Giampaolo <ne...@trapo.it> on 2004/02/03 10:13:53 UTC

How to submit a record

Hi list,

i would like to have some information about inserting a record of personal
information (but this could be also a book record and so on), let's say that i
have many entries like this

First Name: Jack
Last Name: Ryan
Job: CIA Analyst

i would like to provide a way of inserting this information in lenya for a not
well defined number of people. I know that it is not so simple..can someone
kindly help me?

--
Giampaolo

Re: How to submit a record

Posted by Giampaolo <ne...@trapo.it>.
> Which format is used to store the information at the moment?

none in particular. I do not have a database. I want to give editor the
possibility of inserting entries.

Let's say that i want to store

<Person>
<FirstName> Jack </FirstName>
<LastName> Ryan </LastName>
<Job> CIA Analyst </Job>
</Person>

something like oscom publication...but what i really need is a stupid proof
procedure and not a already publication to study. This could be useful also for
lenya documentation or wiki..

TYIA
--
Giampaolo

Re: How to submit a record

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>.
Giampaolo wrote:

> Hi list,
>
> i would like to have some information about inserting a record of personal
> information (but this could be also a book record and so on), let's say that i
> have many entries like this
>
> First Name: Jack
> Last Name: Ryan
> Job: CIA Analyst
>
> i would like to provide a way of inserting this information in lenya for a not
> well defined number of people.

Which format is used to store the information at the moment?

-- Andreas