Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Geoff Howard <co...@yahoo.com> on 2002/09/25 05:15:29 UTC

Anyone want to share a cocoon hosting plan?

I'm working on a small side project that I'd like to
use cocoon for but really need to cut the cost down -
so I'm looking for 2-6 people interested in splitting
a "virtual machine" hosting plan (root ssh access).
Because the client's current static html site is
currently already there, I'd be partial to
www.liquidweb.com's "Virtual Dedicated Server" Plan I
which includes (among other things)
1 Gig Memory
2.5 Gigabytes Storage
30 GB's Transfer
for USD $80 /mo.

details at
http://www.liquidweb.com/services/vserver/index.html

Another possibility would be Capital Internet
(http://www.capital-internet.net/index.jsp?page=javahosting&level=2)
but if I understand correctly, the memory available to
the JVM could cause problems (only 48M at the $40).

I guess the best way would be to set up sub sitemap
per shared host, although I'd entertain other ideas.
Anyone interested?

Geoff Howard
cocoongeoff@yahoo.com (formerly ghoward@crosswalk.com)

http://sbc.yahoo.com