Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Thomas Börkel <tb...@ap-ag.com> on 2004/12/02 11:52:24 UTC

Non-ASCII characters in commit message: Which encoding to use?

HI!

I have searched the web up and down and cannot find a solution to my
problem:

I cannot put Non-ASCII characters (in my case: German Umlauts) into a commit
message.

I have tried various encodings like "iso-8859-1", "windows-1250",
"windows-850", but svn always rejects the message, saying it cannot convert
the Non-ASCII characters to UTF-8.

I am using svn 1.1.1 (using the ZIP file) under Window 2000 SP4 US with
german user and system locale.

With Tortoise, it's no problem. But the command line svn client does not do
it.

Any hints?

Thanks!

Thomas

Re: Non-ASCII characters in commit message: Which encoding to use?

Posted by Thomas Börkel <tb...@ap-ag.com>.
Answering my own question:
APR_ICONV_PATH was not set. It works now.