Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Ryan Moquin <fr...@gmail.com> on 2008/05/15 15:28:16 UTC

Memory issues in 2.0.9

Hello, I'm not sure what all to submit informationwise about this issue, but
I switched to Maven 2.0.9 and now my builds fail with PermGen errors and on
my other build, it complains about being out of heapspace.  When I switch
back to 2.0.8, I do not get this memory errors during a full build  Are
there any known memory issues with 2.0.9?  Or should I just be increasing my
memory settings?  It appears to me to be a bug, but I wanted to run it past
you all.  Has anyone else seen this problem?

Thanks,

Ryan

Re: Memory issues in 2.0.9

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.
Yeah, I was going to run yourkit over it myself - but be my guest :)

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/archiva/trunk/

Build with mvn clean install -Dmaven.test.skip=true (just to be faster
to analyse, it still occurs)

It fails in the webapp module on 2.0.9.

In the past, I tried commenting out various reporting plugins, and
none in particular caused it - but getting rid of a couple stopped it
happening.

Cheers,
Brett

RE: Memory issues in 2.0.9

Posted by "Brian E. Fox" <br...@reply.infinity.nu>.
Brett,

Re: Memory issues in 2.0.9

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.

RE: Memory issues in 2.0.9

Posted by "Brian E. Fox" <br...@reply.infinity.nu>.
No, it wasn't until 2.0.9 that we started providing defaults in the
http://blogs.sonatype.com/brian/2008/04/10/1207873624557.html

Re: Memory issues in 2.0.9

Posted by Ryan Moquin <fr...@gmail.com>.

RE: Memory issues in 2.0.9

Posted by "Brian E. Fox" <br...@reply.infinity.nu>.

Re: Memory issues in 2.0.9

Posted by Ryan Moquin <fr...@gmail.com>.
No, I'm just sure that I changed my path statement and reran it to see what
would happen.  It's possible the plugins updated and I didn't realize it.  I
would hope that's the case.  I'm not sure how to lock down the plugins.

Re: Memory issues in 2.0.9

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.

Re: Memory issues in 2.0.9

Posted by Ryan Moquin <fr...@gmail.com>.
If it at all helps, mine only fails a little over halfway though a
multimodule build (there are probably 12 modules total) with 2.0.9, but
makes it all the way with 2.0.8.  Obviously that is very vague sine you know
nothing about my projects, but what I'm hoping maybe helps a little is that
it just doesn't quit on the first module, it does make it through quite a
few of the modules before it quits.

If that isn't helpful in anyway, just ignore me. :)

Re: Memory issues in 2.0.9

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.

Re: Memory issues in 2.0.9

Posted by "Asgeir S. Nilsen" <as...@gmail.com>.
Do you think this is related to MCOMPILER-64 in any way?

We've started experiencing a number of PermGen errors in our build.
Most of the time setting PermSize to 128m helps, but not always.

Asgeir