Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Rainer Jung <ra...@kippdata.de> on 2006/09/17 05:24:18 UTC

mod_jk 1.2.19 release candidate: ready to test

Hi,

version 1.2.19 of the Apache Tomcat mod_jk web server connector has been
tagged. This version contains numerous bug fixes and some new
improvements over our last release 1.2.18. Please test and share your
experience. Your feedback helped us a lot during the previous release,
so we hope there will be again many testers and contributors for binaries.

If no critical bugs will be found, we will have a formal release vote
on the dev list starting at Thursday, September 21st.

The source distribution can be downloaded from:

http://tomcat.apache.org/dev/dist/tomcat-connectors/jk/source/jk-1.2.19/

The updated documentation can be found at

http://tomcat.apache.org/dev/dist/tomcat-connectors/jk/source/jk-1.2.19/docs

Please see

http://tomcat.apache.org/dev/dist/tomcat-connectors/jk/source/jk-1.2.19/docs/changelog.html

for a complete list of changes.

The most important news are:

Configuration: Implement worker configuration templates (attribute
reference).

Configuration: Allow mount, balance_worker etc. in multiple lines per
worker.

Logging: Log deprecated attributes.

Logging: Add %R JkRequestLogFormat for Apache.

Logging: Add many notes set by the load balancer for logging in Apache
access log.

Logging: Fix default log level (info).

Apache: Docs and implementation completion how to use SetHandler and env
vars to control mod_jk forwards (aka the ";jsessionid=" problem).

Apache: New JkOption DisableReuse to disable persistant connections to
tomcat.

Apache: Detect aborted client connection. This was broken since version
1.2.14.

IIS: Fix simple_rewrite for the cases where the rewritten url is larger
then the original one.

IIS: Make rewrite_rule_map and log_level as non mandatory directives for
isapi_redirect.

Load balancer: Force immediate recovery attempts, if all balance workers
are in error state.

Load balancer: combine "stopped" and "disabled" to one new attribute
"activation"; combine various runtime error states in one new attribute.

Load balancer: Reorg of the main service loop; make retries work better.

Load balancer: only use disabled worker in single worker load balancer,
if the request carries a session id with the correct jvm_route.

JkStatus: Add refresh link; add display of recover time, child error
numbers; make jvm_route manageable

JkStatus: Include ant tasks in source distribution.

Network code: several fixes and improvements.

Regards,

Rainer

Re: mod_jk 1.2.19 release candidate: ready to test

Posted by "William L. Thomson Jr." <wl...@gentoo.org>.
Did a quick revision bump of the new 1.2.18 ebuild I made the other day
for Gentoo to 1.2.19. It compiled and has been running on my dev x86 box
all day long. Haven't done as much webapp development as I should today.
But no problems or errors etc. I will try to beat on mod_jk later on. :)

Once the sources are on a mirror or etc, I will put the ebuild into
portage ~arch (unstable/testing).

--
William L. Thomson Jr.
Gentoo/Java

Re: mod_jk 1.2.19 release candidate: ready to test

Posted by Henri Gomez <he...@gmail.com>.
iSeries binaries (for V5R3) are available also :

http://www.apache.org/dist/tomcat/tomcat-connectors/jk/binaries/iseries/jk-1.2.19/

Regards

Posted by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.

Posted by Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>.

Posted by Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com>.
+1 for release:

Tested OS X, Sol8 and Suse 10.0

Re: mod_jk 1.2.19 release candidate: ready to test

Posted by Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com>.
+1 for release:

Tested OS X, Sol8 and Suse 10.0