Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by "Krusch, Chris" <ch...@ubc.ca> on 2022/04/20 20:46:30 UTC

ActiveMQ Classic - the connection is taking a long time to shutdown

2022-04-20 20:24:30,165 | INFO  | The connection to 'tcp://??.??.??.??:44934' is taking a long time to shutdown

We are seeing a slowly growing number of these messages flooding our logs since transitioning to Amazon MQ (5.16.3)  - they never occurred with our local brokers.

The first group started after a network event briefly interrupted campus internet connectivity – a few more have appeared since then. Occurring under normal operations (not broker shutdown).

We’re currently investigating if it’s related to NAT traversal (not done in our previous setup). Are there other potential causes we should investigate?

Is there some setting to force these connections to eventually time out and complete shutdown?

Chris Krusch
The University of British Columbia