Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Graham Leggett <mi...@sharp.fm> on 2007/02/19 10:09:27 UTC

svn v1.4.2 crash (Windows XP)

Hi all,

While trying to do a checkout of a tag containing some externals, with a
total size of about 200MB, the svn.exe command crashed like so:

The instruction at "0x6eed0f67" referenced memory at "0x010c1800" The
memory could not be "read".

Doing an svn cleanup and svn update, the rest of the checkout completes
successfully.

Deleting everything and attempting the checkout again, svn crashes again
in the same place.

Does anyone know how to get better debugging information out of Windows?

Regards,
Graham

Re: svn v1.4.2 crash (Windows XP)

Posted by Lieven Govaerts <sv...@mobsol.be>.
Quoting Graham Leggett <mi...@sharp.fm>:

> On Mon, February 19, 2007 2:08 pm, Lieven Govaerts wrote:
>
> > 1.4.3 fixes an issue in checkout with larger working copies, you might
> > want to
> > upgrade your client first before digging into the code.
>
> Is a v1.4.3 client for Windows available anywhere? I could only find v1.4.2.

The zip file is already available:
http://subversion.tigris.org/downloads/svn-win32-1.4.3.zip

The installer for 1.4.3 is currently being tested.

Lieven

Re: svn v1.4.2 crash (Windows XP)

Posted by Graham Leggett <mi...@sharp.fm>.

Re: svn v1.4.2 crash (Windows XP)

Posted by Lieven Govaerts <sv...@mobsol.be>.
Graham,

Quoting Graham Leggett <mi...@sharp.fm>:

> Hi all,
>
> While trying to do a checkout of a tag containing some externals, with a
> total size of about 200MB, the svn.exe command crashed like so:
>
> The instruction at "0x6eed0f67" referenced memory at "0x010c1800" The
> memory could not be "read".

1.4.3 fixes an issue in checkout with larger working copies, you might want to
upgrade your client first before digging into the code.

> Doing an svn cleanup and svn update, the rest of the checkout completes
> successfully.
>
> Deleting everything and attempting the checkout again, svn crashes again
> in the same place.
>
> Does anyone know how to get better debugging information out of Windows?

Subversion 1.5 will include a crash handler on Windows to help with this
problem.

regards,

Lieven