Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Yukun Song <yu...@mooter.com> on 2004/04/27 02:35:10 UTC

need info for database based Lucene but not flat file

As known, currently Lucene uses flat file to store information for
indexing.

Any people has idea or resources for combining database (Like MySQL or
PostreSQL) and Lucene instead of current flat index file formats?

Regards,

Yukun Song

Re: need info for database based Lucene but not flat file

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@ehatchersolutions.com>.
There is a Berkeley DB implementation of Lucene's Directory in the
jakarta-lucene-sandbox repository.

	Erik

Posted by Incze Lajos <in...@mail.matav.hu>.
On Tue, Apr 27, 2004 at 02:46:22PM -0700, Doug Cutting wrote:
> Incze Lajos wrote:
> >Could anybody summarize what would be the technical pros/cons of a DB-based
> >directory over the flat files? (What I see at the moment is that for some
> >- significant? - perfomence penalty you'll get an index available over the
> >network for multiple lucene engines -- if I'm right.)
>
> http://nagoya.apache.org/eyebrowse/ReadMsg?listName=lucene-user@jakarta.apache.org&msgId=1344168
>
> Doug

Thanks.

incze

Re: need info for database based Lucene but not flat file

Posted by Doug Cutting <cu...@apache.org>.

Posted by Incze Lajos <in...@mail.matav.hu>.

Posted by Doug Cutting <cu...@apache.org>.