Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by David Miller <po...@gmail.com> on 2012/02/23 16:53:15 UTC

Tomcat 7 Maven Plugin - embedded reload

I'm using the below Tomcat 7 Maven plugin and am not having any luck
reloading changed classes. Changes made to a jsp are reflected right away
but class file changes are not.
I have my IDE (Netbeans 7) set to compile on save, I'm using Maven 2.2.1
and I have reloadable='true' in my context.xml file.

I've not used Tomcat in years, and have never used it with Maven, so I'm
not really sure if the problem is with the plugin or Tomcat.

Can changed class files be reloaded without having to 'mvn tomcat7:run'
each time?

<plugin>
    <groupId>org.apache.tomcat.maven</groupId>
    <artifactId>tomcat7-maven-plugin</artifactId>
    <version>2.0-beta-1</version>
    <configuration>
        <backgroundProcessorDelay>5</backgroundProcessorDelay>

<contextFile>${project.build.directory}/${project.build.finalName}/META-INF/context.xml</contextFile>
    </configuration>
    <dependencies>
        <dependency>
            <groupId>com.sybase</groupId>
            <artifactId>jConnect</artifactId>
            <version>7.0.0</version>
        </dependency>
        <dependency>
            <groupId>commons-fileupload</groupId>
            <artifactId>commons-fileupload</artifactId>
            <version>1.2.2</version>
        </dependency>
    </dependencies>
</plugin>

Re: Tomcat 7 Maven Plugin - embedded reload

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.
2012/2/23 David Miller <po...@gmail.com>:
> I'm using the below Tomcat 7 Maven plugin and am not having any luck
> reloading changed classes. Changes made to a jsp are reflected right away
> but class file changes are not.

Frankly I have never tested that :-)

> I have my IDE (Netbeans 7) set to compile on save, I'm using Maven 2.2.1
> and I have reloadable='true' in my context.xml file.

First idea I have in mind, does your ide compile to the same
buildOutput directory as Maven ?

--
Olivier Lamy
Talend: http://coders.talend.com