Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jason Pell <Ja...@dssonline.com.au> on 2000/12/15 16:28:11 UTC

How do I get past "Admin" password dialog for /admin/ context?

Hi,

I have compiled and installed Tomcat 3.2 on Linux Redhat 6.2.  I wanted
to used the
/admin context via the 8080 port, but was confronted with a Apache login
box.

Any idea how I can setup passwords for this?

I have an idea how to disable via the /admin web.xml but would rather
work out the
correct way.

Thanks
Jason

--
Jason Pell
Senior Analyst/Programmer - Web Developer

"Callista - the brightest solution in university management"

Important Notice: The contents of this email transmission,
including attachments, may be privileged and confidential.
Any unauthorised use of the contents is expressly prohibited.
If you have received this transmission in error, please advise
the sender by return email or telephone immediately and
destroy all versions.