Posted to dev@trafficserver.apache.org by Phil Sorber <so...@apache.org> on 2016/12/27 17:30:51 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Traffic Server 6.2.1 (RC0)

Hello All,

I've prepared a release for v6.2.1 (RC0) which is the latest stable release
in the 6.2.x series. This is the second release in our Long Term Support
(LTS) version as detailed in our Release Management document:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TS/Release+Management

Changes since 6.2.0:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?version=12329658&styleName=Text&projectId=12310963

A summary of the new features in 6.2.x are here:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TS/What%27s+New+in+v6.2.x

Information about upgrading to this release from previous ones is available
at:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TS/Upgrading+to+v6.0

The cache in this release is compatible with the previous 6.x, 5.x and 4.x
releases.

The artifacts are available for download at:

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/trafficserver/6.2.1/rc0/

MD5: 3c31aa771777279c67dec45f7a1588be
SHA1: a08806d1e0b4ee360cfe0c0bb1ab5d5fbc065757

This corresponds to git:

Tag: 6.2.1-rc0

Which can be verified with the following:

git tag -v 6.2.1-rc0

All code signing keys are available here:

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/trafficserver/KEYS

Make sure you refresh from a key server to get all relevant signatures.

Because of the holiday, I am leaving the vote open until Friday Jan 6th, 20
17.

Thanks All!

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Traffic Server 6.2.1 (RC0)

Posted by Phil Sorber <so...@apache.org>.
Things marked for backport are requests. Once it's backported it gets the
fix version added for the release branch it goes into. Not everything is
backportable. I'll likely move that out to 6.2.2 for backport. If you (or
anyone really) is interested in seeing something backported, I'd suggest
doing a backport PR. Sometimes there are conflicts that are not able to be
resolved and I'll be reluctant to do it if it looks too complicated.

Thanks.

Posted by Jean Baptiste Favre <we...@jbfavre.org>.
Hello all,

Posted by John Rushford <jj...@gmail.com>.
+1

--
John Rushford
jjrushford@gmail.com

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Traffic Server 6.2.1 (RC0)

Posted by Jack Bates <6n...@nottheoilrig.com>.
+1

Posted by "Steven R. Feltner" <sf...@godaddy.com>.
Hi, Phil...

I just compiled and ran regression tests (both '-R 1' and '-R 3') on CentOS 7.3.1611, and everything passed...

+1

Thanks,

Steven

________________________________
Just a reminder that this vote is open until Friday. I know lots of people
have been out because of the holidays, but presumably are back today.

Thanks!

Posted by Phil Sorber <so...@apache.org>.
I need a backport PR for it. But it's unlikely to get into 6.2.1 at this
point, unless I do another RC. It can go into 6.2.2 however.

Thanks.

Posted by Kees Spoelstra <ks...@we-amp.com>.

Posted by Phil Sorber <so...@apache.org>.

Posted by Chao Xu <xu...@gmail.com>.
It is not a -1 vote for 6.2.1.
But I hope you can merge the socks bug fix early.

The socks proxy not working without PR#1276.

Oknet

Posted by Phil Sorber <so...@apache.org>.

Posted by Chao Xu <xu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Phil Sorber <so...@apache.org>.
Calling this vote. It passes with 3 binding +1s 2 non-binding +1s and no
-1s.

I'll be sending out an announcement email soon.

Thanks everyone!

Posted by Bryan Call <bc...@apache.org>.
+1 - Tested on Fedora 25.