Posted to derby-user@db.apache.org by Bhavesh Thanki <bh...@gmail.com> on 2012/11/06 19:47:33 UTC

question

Hi

I have a question to ask i want to configure Derby db with my Squirrel sql
client. I have added the driver jar but it is asking me for a password in
the sql connection window.#
 what do i enter as i cannot leave it blank.

--
Kind Regards,
Bhavesh.N.Thanki

Re: question

Posted by Knut Anders Hatlen <kn...@oracle.com>.
Bhavesh Thanki <bh...@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi
>
> I have a question to ask i want to configure Derby db with my Squirrel
> sql client. I have added the driver jar but it is asking me for a
> password in the sql connection window.#
> what do i enter as i cannot leave it blank.

Hi Bhavesh,

If you haven't set up Derby to do authentication, you can type anything
you'd like into the password field, as the password won't be checked.

Hope this helps,

--
Knut Anders