Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Gary Gregory <gg...@seagullsw.com> on 2003/11/12 01:29:47 UTC

[codec] Release mechanics?

Tim,

I have a [vote] request message prepared for posting... but, I notice that
previous similar vote request messages include a pointer to a "~username"
URL with the content of the RC build.

For example: "The source for this release candidate has been tagged as
PRIMITIVES_1_0_RC1 and is available for download at
<http://cvs.apache.org/~rwaldhoff/commons-primitives/RC1/>."

I do not have such a ~ cubby hole, should I request one? How shall I
proceed?

Thanks,
Gary

Re: [codec] Release mechanics?

Posted by Martin van den Bemt <ml...@mvdb.net>.
login to cvs.apache.org and add a public_html directory to the root of
your home dir and add your content there..

Mvgr,
Martin

Martin van den Bemt <ml...@mvdb.net>
mvdb.com

Re: [codec] Release mechanics?

Posted by Martin Cooper <ma...@apache.org>.
On Tue, 11 Nov 2003, Gary Gregory wrote:

> Tim,
>
> I have a [vote] request message prepared for posting... but, I notice that
> previous similar vote request messages include a pointer to a "~username"
> URL with the content of the RC build.
>
> For example: "The source for this release candidate has been tagged as
> PRIMITIVES_1_0_RC1 and is available for download at
> <http://cvs.apache.org/~rwaldhoff/commons-primitives/RC1/>."
>
> I do not have such a ~ cubby hole, should I request one? How shall I
> proceed?

Actually, you do. ;-) It's the public_html directory within your home
directory on minotaur (a.k.a. cvs.apache.org).

--
Martin Cooper

Re: [codec] Release mechanics?

Posted by David Graham <gr...@yahoo.com>.
--- Gary Gregory <gg...@seagullsw.com> wrote:
> Tim,
>
> I have a [vote] request message prepared for posting... but, I notice
> that
> previous similar vote request messages include a pointer to a
> "~username"
> URL with the content of the RC build.
>
> For example: "The source for this release candidate has been tagged as
> PRIMITIVES_1_0_RC1 and is available for download at
> <http://cvs.apache.org/~rwaldhoff/commons-primitives/RC1/>."
>
> I do not have such a ~ cubby hole, should I request one? How shall I
> proceed?

You do if you have an Apache email address.  Login to cvs.apache.org (it
has several other names as well) and create a public_html directory under
your home directory.  You can look at my setup (dgraham) as an example if
you like.  I use this document for preparing releases:

http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/releases/index.html

David