Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Eric Bouer <er...@gmail.com> on 2009/06/01 18:33:47 UTC

Re: Discovery and NMS

Can anyone confirm it's working ?
Or any other information on discovery in NMS ?

Re: Discovery and NMS

Posted by Jim Gomes <e....@gmail.com>.
Eric,

Thanks for trying that out. At this point there isn't much more to try out since Tim has also confirmed that discovery is not working. We will push this out to the next version of NMS because we want to get 1.1 shipped. I don't think the next version will take as long as this one and discovery is the first major feature scheduled to be worked on. However if we are able to find a simple fix that can be thrown in during the release phase, I'm sure it can be considered.

- Jim

Posted by Eric Bouer <er...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Tim.
It's much better now. And it seems to work.
I'll be doing some tests with  it for the next week.
There is however, a very annoying bug with the parallel Java functionality:
So it's too soon to be happy ... :)
Thanks again.

Re: Discovery and NMS

Posted by Timothy Bish <ta...@gmail.com>.

--
Tim Bish
http://fusesource.com

Re: Discovery and NMS

Posted by Eric Bouer <er...@gmail.com>.
Hello Jim

Re: Discovery and NMS

Posted by semog <e....@gmail.com>.
Hi Eric (And John West),

[...]

Hi jim.
First I'd like to thank you for your work.
I guess you know that you can turn on auto-discovery and still make your
broker not join the store-and-forward network.
I just changed the multicast group name and brokers dont talk with each
other.
basically what I'm trying to do is to start my NMS client with this URI
failover:(discovery:(multicast://default),tcp://somehost:61616)
This URI works  great with the java client.The NMS client fails.
I ran my sniffer to see what packets are being sent from the client but I
couldn't find anything interesting (UDP to multicast address)
If I try only multicast://default it says that multicast transport is not
supported.
I'll be glad to provide more information to help you with this.
Thanks again.
Eric.

Re: Discovery and NMS

Posted by Eric Bouer <er...@gmail.com>.
Hi jim.

Re: Discovery and NMS

Posted by Jim Gomes <e....@gmail.com>.
Hi Eric,

Re: Discovery and NMS

Posted by Jim Gomes <e....@gmail.com>.
There are some problems in its address parsing code that I am working on right now. I have not been able to confirm anthing beyond that yet.

- Jim