Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by igge47 <ig...@hotmail.com> on 2017/06/20 12:05:42 UTC

Encrypt plain text passwords in AMQ7

Hi,

is there any standard way to encrypt plain text passwords in AMQ7? I cannot
find anything in the documentation. In older AMQ versions, there the
"encrypt"/"decrypt" scripts are used for this purpose, together with the
beans configuration in the XML:

http://activemq.apache.org/encrypted-passwords.html

I need to encrypt a Password, among other places, in the acceptors and
connectors that have SSL Enabled and a reference to the KeyStore- and
TrustStorePassword.

If no standard way, is there any recommendation?

Thanks,
igge47

Re: Encrypt plain text passwords in AMQ7

Posted by igge47 <ig...@hotmail.com>.
Hi Justin,

you were right, thanks again for answering so fast :)

Ignacio

Re: Encrypt plain text passwords in AMQ7

Posted by Justin Bertram <jb...@redhat.com>.
I think the documentation wasn't updated when the new CLI "mask" command
was added.  Try using this command:

  $ ./artemis mask <password>

This should be equivalent to the old command, just easier to use.  You can
still use the old command mentioned in the documentation if you wish, but
you'll need to specify all the required jars on the classpath.

Justin

Posted by gaohoward <ho...@gmail.com>.
Hey,

Please take a look at this doc